Exam Preparatory Class for the Internationally Educated PTs
According to 2017 Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulator numbers, the pass rate for internationally educated physical therapists (IEPTs) was 42% compared to 83% for the Canadian trained PTs. This rate of achievement is not acceptable.
Repeatedly failing the PCE exam has negatively impacted the professional progress of the foreign trained. This preparatory class has therefore been designed to help foreign trained PTs better understand the basic concepts involved in the Canadian curriculum as well as the exam process in order to achieve success. The goal of this class is to help those enrolled gain the necessary competencies to pass the exam in order to become a successful practicing physical therapist.
- Perform formal, timed OSCE stations in a simulated exam experience
- Be able to put into practice the significant competencies as outlined in The analysis of Physiotherapy Practice (knowledge, skills, and abilities required for safe and effective practice)
- Receive immediate and targeted feedback on individual performance from experienced clinicians
- Identify strategies to improve personal performance
- Identify common areas that are often overlooked when taking the exam
- Understand key performance strategies for success in an OSCE-style examination
- Receive practical opportunity for internship hours to interact with real patients during regular clinical hours at the participating Physiotherapy clinic.
Structure of the Part 2 Physiotherapy Competency Exam Preparatory Class
Sept 7-8, 2019
Sept 14-15, 2019
Sept 21—22, 2019
Sept 28-29, 2019
11 AM – 4 PM, each day
Stargate Physical Therapy
This course is intended for Internationally Educated Physical Therapists that are preparing for Part 2 Physiotherapy Competency Exam+
Class Total Hour: 40 Hours of intensive coaching
Jones Onigbinde, PT, DPT
Doctor of Physical Therapy/Clinician
Tanielle Garcia, PT, MPT
Independent Physical Therapist Consultant/Clinician
Dr. Conrad Tang
Refreshments will be provided. A full refund will be provided if the class needs to be canceled for any reason- this includes not meeting the minimum number of registrants. A no refund policy will be implemented if a registrant cancels less than three weeks (21 days including weekend days) before the first day of the course.